Voting Info

Voter Information from the Morris County Board of Elections 

Am I eligible to vote?

You are eligible to vote if:

  • You are a citizen of the United States

  • You are a Morris County resident 30 days before the election

  • You are a resident of the election district in which you expect to vote on Election Day

  • You will be 18 years of age on or before the next election

    • Note: you can register at 17, but can’t vote until you turn 18.

  • You are not incarcerated, on parole, or on probation due to a conviction for an indictable offense under any federal or state laws.


How do I register to vote?

Complete a registration application form at the Morris County Board of Elections’ office or by mail.

You must mail in the voter registration form. Faxed or emailed applications are not accepted. Forms are also available at any Municipal Clerk’s office. You can also register to vote at your local Motor Vehicle Commission while applying for/renewing a driver’s license or non-driver ID card.


When is the voter registration deadline?

You must register to vote 21 days before any election. 

How do I change my registration?

If you have moved, changed your name, or want to change political party affiliation, you need to fill out the appropriate form and submit it to the Board of Elections.

Name Change

If you’ve legally changed your name, you must complete the Name Change section of the Voter Registration form (link above) and submit it 21 days before an election. 

Address Change

If you’ve changed your address within Morris County, complete the Address Change section of the Voter Registration form and submit it by 21 days before an election.

If you’ve moved into Morris County from another county or state, complete the Voter Registration form above.

If you’ve moved out of Morris County, but within New Jersey, you will need to complete a voter registration form in your new county.

If you’ve moved out of New Jersey, and mail it to Morris County Board of Elections, PO Box 900, Morristown, NJ 07963-0900. You can not cancel your voter registration by phone, only via the form. 

Party Affiliation Change

When you register to vote, you have the option of declaring a Political Party Affiliation (such as Democrat or Republican). If you wish to change this affiliation, you may do so up to 55 days before a primary election.

What Is My Voting District Number? 

Information on voting districts in Mountain Lakes can be found here